The CSWE Leadership Institute in Social Work Education (LISWE) is a series of preconference workshops delivered at the Annual Program Meeting. They are structured and delivered similarly to the CSWE Faculty Development Institutes and occur on the same day. LISWE sessions are offered for a fee, and Continuing Education credits are awarded to participants.
The Council on Leadership Development identifies session content areas and session leaders using an invitation process. Content includes topics such as the following:
- Leadership on boards, commissions, councils, and committees
- Leadership in social work education for directors of social work in doctoral, MSW, and BSW programs
- New and aspiring faculty leaders in social work education
- Leadership for building and sustaining inclusive higher education environments
- Leadership in curriculum
- Leadership development in college or university settings