The Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) invites proposals for presentations at its 63rd Annual Program Meeting in Dallas, Texas, October 19-22, 2017. The conference theme, Educating for the Social Work Grand Challenges, reflects a call to action for all of us to work together to tackle our nation’s toughest social problems. This theme focuses on ways for social work educators to equip undergraduate and graduate students to develop and sustain innovative solutions to the 12 societal issues identified in the grand challenges. The Grand Challenges for Social Work is a groundbreaking initiative to champion social progress powered by science. The conference will focus on how all levels of social work education is contributing to the challenges and solutions for advancing the social work grand challenges with new ideas, research, and innovations in teaching and learning, while providing a venue for scholarly dialogue and productive networking.
The 2017 APM program will be developed through two types of proposal categories.
- Peer-Reviewed Proposals (4 format options)
- Invited Proposals (7 format options)
The proposal must be submitted in one of 40 Track subject areas
Proposal submitters must identify which of 12 Grand Challenges (up to 2) the proposal addresses.
CSWE is specifically seeking those proposals which:
- Relate to the 12 Social Work Grand Challenges;
- Discuss new and innovate best-practices in teaching and learning, research, collaborations and partnership; and
- Showcase evidence-based practices for addressing the 12 Social Work Grand Challenges in all contexts of social work education and practice
Proposal Evaluation Areas
Proposals will be reviewed for the following.
- Relevance of topic, study, or enquiry to CSWE members, and the conference theme
- Clarity of the written proposal or focus of inquiry
- Appropriateness of research method(s) and/or conceptual foundation
- Robustness of analytical and/or theoretical frame
- Significance for social work education, practice, research, policy, or theory
Proposals submitted with identifying information will not be considered and will be automatically withdrawn from the submission pool and not reviewed.
Presenter Responsibility – Please Review!
The call closes on Friday, February 17, 2017, at 11:59 pm (USA ET). No changes may be made to the proposals after the submission deadline of Friday, February 17, 2017. The call for proposals for the 2017 APM is now closed.
- In particular, no replacement OR substitution of the presenters listed on the proposal is permitted after this deadline
If you need assistance, please e-mail us.